Thursday, June 8, 2017

Artist of June

Depending on how long you have followed me on Instagram/Snapchat/Blog I have been very blessed and humbled by the people I know that have helped me continue my passion of street photography. I feel like I need to give back to this community that has helped me out so much. So every month I am going to be featuring a photographer that you might not know of and will help you to be inspired to create what you love or open your eyes to different styles of photography.

This month I am starting this off with another photographer from Salt Lake.  His handle on Instagram is luxluthor801.  I asked him a few questions over email and this is what i got.  Please go check his feed out on Instagram and give him some love.




















Q1. What kind of gear do you use?
  • Camera body – Nikon d5500 as well as a Minolta x700 and mamiya c220
  • Lens – 35mm and 50mm 
  • Tripod –No Tripod
  • Filters –No filters
  • Flash –No flash
  • Camera bag –A Hershel bag with a camera insert
  • Mention others, if any.

Q2. Which is your favorite lens? Why? I like to use the 50mm because the proportions of the body look right, and it’s a classic street lens.

Q3. When you go in one of your travels, what all you take with you? Why? Just my camera and a 50mm or 35mm lens

Q4. Among the gadgets that you own, is there something that you wish you hadn’t bought? Why? I think everything I have right now is pretty useful.

Q5. In the field, what are your settings?

  • Aperture –it varies but 2.8 is usually it 
  • Shutter Speed – it varies 
  • ISO – 100
  • White Balance –auto I fix it in post 
  • Focus – Manual/Auto mostly auto focus 
  • Image Format – RAW/JPEG: RAW


Q6. What kind of tools do you use for post processing? Explain your work flow. I use lightroom it’s easy to use and I like to keep things as natural as they are.

Q7. How do you educate yourself to take better pictures? By taking more pictures and looking at other people’s work
Q8. Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why? The street stuff I do I like a lot because it gives me a chance to capture a city that I love so much as well as capture moments that not everyone sees. 

Q9. Whose work has influenced you most? The work on Justin Chung has influenced me a lot.


Q10. What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos? That photography isn’t all about the technical aspect, that it’s more about what you like and how you see things.

No comments:

Post a Comment